Monday, December 15, 2008

Brown as can be

I feel like a falling dead leaf
Useful and wanted when I was green
Linger long enough and I am unwanted
Swaying slowly to the ground
Thinking and flashing the connection I had
What we could do to provide each other
But we never knew
Because I became brown to quickly

As I reach the ground
I look above
There are many greens left
Also the occasional colourful petals that are united
That sticks around for a while
Lastly some that can never be replaced
The magic seed that is enveloped by tasteful flesh
Longed to be lasting with you
Faithfully to be the only one

As I watch from below
only wondering what could happen
Before I am trampled by others
Or blown away to be far from you
I am just as dead as I am floating away
Thinking of how it could be
If I was still as green

No comments: